Indiblogger here!

Sunday 14 December 2014

Happy Birthday To Me!- 'You Have Been Loved'

Its Dec 15 and its my birthday! Well what made me write at 1:26 am. I know everyone is awake till late on their birthdays, yeah right! Phones blowing up. But I’m not writing because I’m awake, its because I feel happy! Birthdays are there to make you feel happy. Or I should say you are born to feel happy. Because you deserve to be happy. I'm literally astounded at the love and happiness I have in my life. Talking about my birthday wish, well do I need any, I'm already so much blessed. But I guess, a new pair of sneakers, a cool beanie and adding back nutella to the grocery list won't hurt right. I just love the concept of birthdays. It amazes me, in a weird way though. Just moments ago you were 18 and then the clock says ‘hey its 12!’ and BOOM! You’re 19! You can actually see yourself become a year older in no time. Amazing right. I know, thank me later.
So I’m feeling happy and I’m feeling kind of blessed. I know I’m no different, everyone feels the same on their birthday, you get wishes, you get calls from the most unexpected people. It’s kind of a good feeling.
There are certain people in our lives, who give us such significance and value in their life that you feel bloated sometimes. You feel full. There is this feeling of being blessed. Being blessed by people, who actually pay heed to you and pray for your good luck. Who do a little something to see you smile. To whom you are a little more meaningful than others. Who do their level best to find out what’s bugging you up. Who are actually more excited for your birthday than you are. Who bless you with such heart touching words that you couldn’t help but let loose your tear glands. It makes you feel special, a little more worthy. You curse that time you were cursing your life, feeling miserable about stupid annoying things, fighting with your own demons, living in your own insecurities, surrounded by people but still lonely at heart. At that moment you just forget such things ever exist. You just let go. Your birthday turns their happiest day. There are these hundreds of happiness capsules that burst open in your body. Whether it is the ‘most coolest sweatshirt’ gifted by your bffs as an early birthday present, or the ‘most special birthday message’ you received from a dearest friend, or an old friend whom you haven’t been in contact for a while saying ‘do meet me on your birthday cause I have something special for you’ or those words written by your best pals in their status for you, which they never said cause you’re too cool to talk heart to heart with each other. You feel like, you lived!
I wonder why do we feel miserable, when there is so much love we’re getting from all around. And we should value the love we’re getting. I believe water and electricity can be wasted but love shouldn’t be, because love is something which cannot be regenerated. So try to treasure the love you get from people and give back. Conserve love. And that's how I feel today.
Well I don’t like the whole idea of growing up. But just because I’m a year older now than I was, few hours ago. Let’s just say I did some growing up. Well, this year will be good. Wont worry, life’s a journey. Will enjoy the ride. No hurry. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance.

“How dare we sit and cry and be and watch the world pass us by”

2 comments:

  1. Totally love this...changed my concepts and how I saw birthdays.
    Oh, Happy birthday! 🎂
    Cheera xx
    -a

    ReplyDelete